Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Stimulus Check Just Arrived.........Kinda


WOO HOOO!!!!!

Despite the dismal unemployment figures that were released two weeks ago, some of us
are very happy to be receiving a paycheck.

For me, this happens every Thursday, like clock work.

A minute ago, I looked at my pay-stub and noticed that there was a little something extra courtesy of President Obama.

$10.25
, One Jackson and One Washington (coin).

Thank you Mr. President, and Mr. Geithner, and Mr. Bernanke. Regardless of those who criticize your efforts, I applaud you all for my $10.25.

In two weeks, I can take the wife to a movie; in three she could have popcorn and a soda.......if I save up. Better yet, I can buy a couple gallons of gas, or a cd (preferably that Dream Love vs Money which is fire), or get that needed car wash.

Honestly, I haven't done the math to see what the effective Federal tax rate is now, but I do know that for the foreseeable future I will see an extra $10.25 every week. Now if we can only get that FICA character and Mr. Patterson and Mr. Bloomberg to follow suit, we can really get this stimulation under way.

Just think, if I/you had the discipline, in a year you could have $533, all thanks to the federal government. I gladly took that $600 from Mr. Bush, but I think I'm going to enjoy this $10.25 a little more. Had Bush done this during at the start of his eight years in office, I'd definitely be ballin' by now - instead of sitting at work blogging.

Never mind all that, thank you Mr. President, job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment